Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Oscar Nomination Reactions

Things I loved about this morning's Oscar nominations:

In one year, three of my favorite actresses (Allison Janney, Laurie Metcalf and Greta Gerwig) all became Academy Award nominees. Greta of course is not nominated for her acting, but for her beautiful screenplay and direction for Lady Bird.

Timmy Chalamet may have given my favorite film performance of all-time and is now an Oscar nominee.

Sufjan Steven's great "Mystery of Love" was nominated for Original Song.

Saoirse Ronan returns to Oscar glory.

I personally preferred Woody Harrelson to Sam Rockwell in Three Billboards, so I'm happy for Woody who is one of our greatest actors.

The Director and Screenplay categories are about as good as they could get. Loved PTA sneaking in.

Blade Runner in all the tech categories.

Things I did not like:

Hong Chau, Armie Hammer, Holly Hunter and Michael Stuhlbarg getting snubbed in the Supporting categories.

Otherwise I really don't have that much to complain about...WHAT A SHOCK.




No comments:

Post a Comment