Saturday, January 20, 2018

White Noise What an Awful Sound



I'm not sure what my favorite film performance was before today. Barbara Stanwyck in Stella Dallas and Timothy Hutton in Ordinary People were probably the two at the top previously.

However after seeing Call Me by Your Name last night, my new favorite performance is Timmy Chalamet as Elio. Staggering work, and while he has been praised for the last year for this performance I just want it to be known that I'm joining the crowd. You talk about a lived-in performance, every single movement and line reading was perfect. THAT FINAL SHOT.

Sure this may seem like hyperbole, but this really feels like something that will live on for as long as Cinema remains.

I know that Gary Oldman has the Oscar locked up, but as Winston Churchull said "we shall never surrender!"

No comments:

Post a Comment