Friday, October 5, 2018

Lady Gaga in A Star Is Born

   
(Lady Gaga in A Star is Born)

    Let me start off by saying Bradley Cooper gives the performance of his career in A Star is Born, and I thought he was Oscar-worthy in Silver Linings Playbook and American Sniper. However even as a huge fan of Lady Gaga, I wasn't prepared for how great she wound up being as Ally. The unknown in the first half to the star of the second half, it's all so believable and she would be a great Oscar winner.

    I'm going to have a hard time deciding between Gaga and Toni Collette for my Best Actress award. Toni Collette is my favorite actress of all-time, giving her best performance and I really wasn't expecting her to have any competition, but Gaga IS THAT GREAT. That final shot is the stuff of legends.

                                                         (Toni Collette in Hereditary)


No comments:

Post a Comment